While there is growing awareness in both doctor’s offices and health IT markets of the critical...
Adobe Intensive: Marketplace Notice Production Services (MNPS)
NewWave supports the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and its Federally Funded Marketplace (FFM) with best-in-class business solutions for Marketplace Notice Production Services (MNPS). We provide professional services and operational support to CMS for the following applications and services, all hosted on Adobe Experience Manager (AEM 6.5) J2EE and OSGI environments within the CMS Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud.
- Web service which provides a generic framework to generate ACA Marketplace Notices (Read-only PDFs) for FFM.
- Static and dynamic fillable PDF’s which support consumers applying for exemptions or appealing decisions within the Marketplace.
- Developed in AWS which include turbo-tax like forms that can be made available within the Marketplace.
- Application assists insurance partners in processing the paperwork to participate in the Marketplace offerings within the Affordable Care Act.
- Application allows CCIIO Business Owners the ability to automatically run ad hoc notices, including the ability to send notices to Source Link for mail/print services.
NewWave’s partnership with Adobe Federal Systems, LLC (Adobe) provides CMS access to all Adobe products and engineering resources, along with access to early releases and quick availability to Adobe products to help digitally transform and modernize CMS. We have supported CMS to successfully generate over 3 million notices per month for Marketplace consumers, process 14,000 requests per month for Marketplace Exemptions and Appeals, and process 800 to 1,400 Issuers to onboard within the Marketplace through our Issuer On-boarding application. We also provided CMS the capability of generating over one million notices on an ad-hoc basis.
When Adobe discontinued its use and support of Adobe LiveCycle, CMS required a solution to migrate its legacy data to Adobe Experience Manager Forms (AEM). NewWave provided the necessary development and migration expertise to move to the new Adobe Experience Manager 6.5 (OSGI) forms through hands-on solutioning, application development, database management and design services.
NewWave provided architectural design and proof of concept for the new system capabilities to enhance the consumer’s experience in completing and submitting forms from a computer or mobile device, as well as the ability to securely sign documents electronically from any device. This included increasing the quality of the consumer’s experience by entering information in a more natural question and answer format, incorporating “responsive” forms that adapt to the device’s browser, and provided the capability to electronically submit the form with an electronic signature, significantly reducing consumer’s time by eliminating the need for printing, signing and mailing/faxing the application. All AEM adaptive forms are 508 compliance and it follow the AA and AAA criteria.
In response to COVID-19, many businesses and consumers are seeking alternatives to face-to-face interactions. AEM offers contactless fill capabilities, digital signatures, and electronic submissions from home, on any device, supported by workflow and straight-through processing without manual intervention.
Adobe AEM Adaptive Forms offer the following capabilities to CMS:
- Authenticate user (or create new user) to save and resume forms later.
- Convert Static and Dynamic PDF forms to Adaptive forms for a more user-friendly experience.
- Using artificial intelligence and machine learning, convert Static and Dynamic PDF forms to online Adaptive Forms for a more user-friendly experience.
- Submit forms electronically using mobile or desktop browser.
- Collect signature on desktop / mobile browser using OOTB workflow in Adobe Sign.
- Distribute flattened PDF Document of Record with all collected signatures to all signature participants.
- Extract data save to database and archive forms for processing.
NewWave provided the following capabilities for AEM:
- Adobe Solutions – We use Adobe’s Forms, CQ/AEM Framework, LiveCycle & AEM Services, and JAVA to provide forms and generate notices in support of FFM.
- Agile Application Development – We are responsible for the following systems: FFM Notice Generation, Exemption Forms, Ad Hoc Batch Employer Notices, and Issuer On-boarding.
- Data Privacy / Information Security / Information Assurance / FISMA – PII, names and addresses, are used to generate notices to FFM participants. Our Adobe systems fall under the CMS FISMA boundaries and are included in their periodic security assessments/reviews.
- Design Services / Development Services – We design and customize architecture drawings and coding for the Adobe products and services we provide. We develop, code and implement the Adobe products and services we provide.
- Testing – IV&V, Performance, Smoke, and Stress testing
- Requirements Analysis – Our Business Analysts captures and clarifies business and technical requirements for meeting CMS XLC requirements.
- Section 508 Compliance – Because our Adobe products are accessed and used by over 11 million people, we go through an extensive 508 compliance review prior to releases.
The Exemptions Application:
NewWave delivers intelligent, dynamic PDF forms to allow the Healthcare Insurance consumers to submit exemptions within the Marketplace. All dynamic PDF forms have complicated validations to ensure that the Forms are filled successfully with no missing required fields input and allows data extraction from an embedded barcode on the Form.
The Appeals Application:
The Marketplace provides written notification to applicants and enrollees advising them of their right to appeal when they receive an eligibility determination, including an explanation that an appeal must be requested within 90 days of the date of the notice of the eligibility determination. These consumers can appeal the results of their eligibility determination by either writing a letter to the Marketplace or by completing an appeal request form. The appeal request forms differ, depending on consumer’s state of residence and reason for appealing. All dynamic PDF forms have complicated validations to ensure that the Forms are filled successfully with no missing required fields input and also allows data extraction from embedded barcode.
The FFM Notice Generation Services:
NewWave enhanced, maintained, and created new FFM notices in the existing architecture and design, maintaining the existing 76 unique notices, which includes both English and Spanish versions. The system generated more than 30 million notices as shown below:
NewWave’s Adobe portfolio includes professional services, implementation, and maintenance of custom-built applications and Adobe commercial products. Our technologists and developers provide architectural guidance, deployment planning, application and form design, development, and code review, in addition to performance optimization, incident resolution and program coordination. Our professional development services and platform operations experience at CMS, combined with our deep understanding of Adobe products, allows us to help CMS leverage a more efficient and adaptive experience for its consumers.
NewWave has provided more than 12 years of professional development services and platform operations for CMS, with vast experience in the CMS Expedited Life Cycle (XLC) framework, technical review board (TRB), and Marketplace Project Startup (MaPS) processes.